Friday, December 02, 2005

Turkey and Portraits

Happy Thanks Giving!

I hope you had a chance to stop the world and spend time with the people who are important to you. I did and I really needed it.


20051129-162231


Things are always busy around here. Trying to balance two worlds and family is pretty difficult. I'm continuing to grow in photography. Lots of cool things happening these days. I recently did a series of portraits of some really great kids here in Brandon. Children are great, but they can be really challenging. Sometimes after a shoot like this I wonder what will work and what won't.
During the shoot I do my share of "chimping" to see how I'm doing, but the real proof comes

20051129-161549_copy

when I open the images in Adobe Bridge and start working on the RAW files. Have I mentioned I love RAW. I know a lot of people who think it's way too much hassle. Maybe it is. I still love the process and shooting jpeg feels way too risky. One of the side benefits I've found is that it forces me to slow down just a bit while I'm shooting to keep the buffer from getting filled too quickly. That change of pace helps me to be a little more introspective in what I capture.

Well, I have to run, but I wanted to put this out before I dive into another day. I'm hoping this can become a good habit for me.

Michael