Sunday, December 11, 2005

Portraits


This weekend I got together with some old friends to do a family portrait. I really look forward to these times. When I was younger I really didn't understand the real value of family portraits. Now that I have my own family I have a much better apreciation for them. I especially love the families that I have been working with for years. We realized I've been the Sullivan's family portraits for 6 or 7 years now. It's unbelievable. I've been very blessed to be a part of their family and had the opportunity to document the growth of their sons as they become young men.

One of the original ideas behind this blog was to explore a bit how my photography fits in with the ministry I lead. I may be realizing that my photography is just as much a ministry as what I do for the church with teenagers. It's just different. I need to spend more time thinking about this. God has really led me down an interesting path with the growth of my photography work. I always wonder what He has planned. I never know until it's already happening. That's just the way he works.