Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Tis the season


I've managed to keep myself quite busy lately. That's a good thing... idle hands you know.

I have a few families that I do portraits for every year around this time. I look forward to these shoots like you look forward to seeing old friends. It is so amazing to see how the kids have changed and where life has taken these friends in the past year.

This is one of my favorite images from one of these families I photographed this weekend. I'm always amazed at what I love when I sit down for critical review and toning of images. I may have fallen in love with an image when I was shooting and then there's an image that you grab on a moment and it just over shadows the rest. There's something beautiful and delicate about these kids relationship and I can really see it in this photograph.

Thanks again Todd and Amy for starting this great tradition with me!

Michael