Thursday, June 28, 2007

Wilderness Clean Up Project

20070628-114352b


While up in the area I have been able to work in some amazing areas. I spent the last 2 days in Green Wood Farms Park. This is a beautiful place in Prince William County, Virginia. It is a large and undeveloped parcel that was donated to the PWCPA. I was part of the first team to go in to go in for cleaning up the litter from the roads and communities surrounding it.

I was amazed that someplace so beautiful could be a dumping ground for so much trash. We rolled out 2 truck tires,12 bags of cans, bottles, plastic bags, milk jugs, etc, a 3 foot section of I-Beam, two sign posts, a seat from an old jeep, some broken auto parts, a bar from a weight lifting set, a vent from a stove, a scooter, a basketball hoop and bike that were too buried in silt for us to remove and a number of items we never really identified. It was a beautiful day, the work was hard, but the location was beautiful. I'll take that any day.

20070628-114142