Tuesday, July 31, 2007

In a Pit With a Lion on a Snowy Day

I was in Washington DC recently on a mission trip. While there, our group visited Ebenezer's Coffee House. This is an amazing place just a block away from

20070623-163324
Union Station. It's walking distance from the Capital Building in a great historic district. This shop is part of the ministries of the National Community Church. While I stood in line (a line that I brought with me...) I noticed a book sitting on a shelf. In a Pit With a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson.


51NP15GZA0L._SL210_
Mark is the Pastor at NCC. I was intrigued by the title and had to get my hands on it. Several of us left with our own copies that day. I highly recommend this book. Wow! I had to tell you about it even before I finished it. It is about thriving in times when opportunity looks like a lion ready to eat you for lunch. Amazing stuff.


I imagine you have times like that in your life as well. Lions seem to come at me from all corners and I might be missing on some amazing opportunities by ducking instead of confronting them head on. I want to challenge you to read this book and see for yourself what great things you are missing because they are disguised as lions.